Your shopping cart is empty!
Here you will find the latest releases of skyline for both the stable release and the latest beta release.
Simply put, if your project or what you are developing is not time sensitive or you do not mind crashes and bugs and want the latest features and fixes, then the "Beta" version is for you.
Please note: That we are only in a public beta at the moment and only a beta build is available. Stable release coming later 2022.
If you are on a sensitive project and you have everything you need already working and available, then choose the stable release version.
Please see the download options below:
Here you will find the download for the Beta version of the Skyline Game Engine.
Beta quick sheet:
Coming Soon.... (For these first public releases, please use the beta version)
Stable quick sheet:
Installation Instructions:To install, follow these instructions:
- Click the buttons above to download the version you need / want
- Extract the executable from the zip archive.
- Double click the executable to run, if you have known permissions issues on your computer, then please run as admin
- Read the EULA, and follow on screen instructions
- Do not install into the Program Files or Windows folders as this can cause permissions errors while working inside the engine. Please use the default location or another location of your choosing.
- Once installed, proceed to running the engine from the icons on your desktop. (Skyline Editor.exe or Skyline Editor - Beta.exe)
- When loading, please choose DirectX 11 for rendering as OpenGL has not been fully upgraded with shaders and may crash.
- You may be asked where to place your content library if this is your first run. Please keep it outside of the skyline installation directory as this is where you will place your assets and your content.
- Once up and running, proceed to creating new scene / opening a scene / creating a project etc..